Sunday, November 11, 2012

Assuming Measurement (to be refined later)

So, this is my shot in the dark blog post because I'm not sure what I'm actually supposed to write about, as I did not get the assignment because I was home with some weird flu bug. Assuming the post will relate to the chapter that was covered, I'm gong to ramble a bit about measurement a little just so I have SOMETHING to be graded, to show I made an effort despite being totally clueless. I do plan to refine this post once I know what I should actually be writing, but for now this is all I got. Fortunately, I actually dealt with a lot of measuring this week despite not going to class. For example, measuring out medicine in those tablespoon cups (yuck). There was a lot of medicine being measured. On Wednesday I made myself a detox bath hoping it would make me feel better. The recipe called for three pints of hydrogen peroxide (because people use pint ALL the time), and two ounces of ground ginger. Because I had never really used pint as a form of measurement before, I grabbed my measuring cup and got to converting. One cup is a half a pint, so needless to say I bathed in six cups of hydrogen peroxide. I then  converted ounces to tablespoons because my kitchen doesn't really have any means of measuring two ounces very well. That ended up being four tablespoons. It was a strange experience. Yay for real life relate-ability to this weeks lesson. At least I got something.

No comments:

Post a Comment